To use Athenian you need to connect it with your GitHub account. In this article we will describe how to create an Athenian account and how to later on fine tune it.
Create a new account
1. Request a demo and we will get back to you with an invite to create an account;
2. Ask a Github admin to create your Athenian account using the link we sent you;
We will now import and pre-compute your data to make sure you have a smoother experience when using Athenian. Depending on the number of repositories this can take up to 48 hours.
Congratulations! You are on the way to data-driven engineering with GitHub empowered analytics.
Configure your account
1. Go to GitHub and select the Athenian Owl;
2. Configure Athenian Owl in the account you want to track;
3. During configuration/installation you can pick all repositories, or specify only the repos you want to track (don't worry, you'll be able to change this later);
We will now re-import and pre-compute your data to make sure you have a smoother experience when using Athenian. Depending on the number of repositories this can take up to 48 hours.
What if I have multiple Orgs?
⚠️ Important ⚠️: This step needs to be performed by an existing user of your current Athenian account that is also the admin of the new GitHub org
Just go to Athenian Owl, as an admin of the organization you want to add, select the right organization and add it as described in the previous section.
In our dashboards you'll see all repos as if they are part of a single organization, this ensures that you have a consistent view of your whole organization.